Part-Time CT Technologist
Texas Medical Board and ARRT.
Performs and assists with high quality diagnostic CT procedures, focusing on patient care and education. This position is at our Plano West location two days per week.
- Provide high quality diagnostic CT imaging
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Use of Medical Technologies
- Performing Diagnostic Procedures
- Informing Others
- Quality Focus
- Technical Understanding
- People Skills
- Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
- Radiologic Technology
- Analyzing Information
Job Type: Part-Time
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8a-4p (with the option to help out at other locations on Tu, Th)
- Guaranteed 27 hours per week
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Required Education: CT certified or board-eligible
- Required Certifications: Texas Medical Board, ARRT
- Location: Plano, TX at our North Star Plano West location
- Philips Brilliance 16 Slice