North Dallas Area, TX, TX
Current ARDMS certification.
Performs and assists with high quality diagnostic ultrasound procedures, focusing on patient care and education.
- Provide high quality diagnostic ultrasound images
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Use of Medical Technologies
- Performing Diagnostic Procedures
- Informing Others
- Quality Focus
- Technical Understanding
- People Skills
- Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
- Radiologic Technology
- Analyzing Information
Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Required Certifications: ARDMS
- Location: North Dallas Area, TX
Apply for this position